Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hi!

Wow, people I don't know are reading this - that's a pleasant surprise! Welcome to everyone, and I hope you feel free to comment and add your own opinions. I'll be sure to watch comments more closely now that people are actually commenting :)

As you may have noticed, I am an American and so this blog will represent that viewpoint - I can't really represent any other because while I have briefly lived abroad, I certainly have only a surface-level understanding of race relations in other countries (heck, I often feel like I have little more than a surface-level understanding of American race relations). If you are visiting from another country, as commenter Maju is, it would be very interesting for you to compare your experience of race in your country to my perspectives here. Every country has a unique landscape of race and ethnicity.

So forgive me if this blog seems a little US-Centric, but I don't have the experience to comment outside those boundaries. If your particular corner of the US is different from what I am describing, I'd love to hear your thoughts as well. My students are from all over the country and I like to be familiar with unique situations to share with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment